Seating Options For Your Pool Deck and Patio Area
- Hammock – Think about a hammock right in the pool or using hammock chairs on your deck that add a tropical vibe. You can find tons of different colors and styles to match your personality.
- Pouf seats – beanbag chairs with a grownup twist. Make sure to get mildew-resistant fill and outdoor fabric that will stand up to the elements.
- Cinder block benches – if you’re on a budget, add a bench or two using cinder blocks and lumber. Seal the wood to protect it. You can make a couple of pillows to make it more comfortable.
- Dining Set – you’ll want to have the table space and extra chairs when you’re hosting a dinner party.
- Chaise loungers – if you’re in the planning stages of an inground pool, consider installing an in-pool chaise lounger where you relax without getting soaked. Add chaise loungers around the pool to let your guests rest after a dip in the pool.
- Lots of side tables – you’ll want places where your guests can set drinks, their phone and jewelry while they’re in the pool. Ice bin side tables offer a bin in the center that can be filled with ice and a ledge around the bin to set drinks. Floating tables let guests have a glass in the pool.
Fun Pool Accessories That Provide Ambiance and Luxury
- Floating speaker – many pool speakers connect to your phone through Bluetooth, giving you the option of just about any kind of music you want. Some will even connect to the lights, which will blink according to the beat of the music.
- String lights – add magic to your backyard without spending a lot of money. With so many styles of string lights to choose from, you can increase the ambience around your pool and change it up whenever you want.
- Solar shower – if you can’t build a shower room, hook up a solar-powered shower to your garden hose. It’s easy to install and take down when not in use. Guests will appreciate being able to rinse chlorine off with warmer water.
- Floating pool lights – if you have an above-ground pool, create the feel of an inground pool with floating lotus flowers or jellyfish lights. Get solar-powered lights for convenience.
- Bird feeders – increase the chance of birds stopping by hanging up bird feeders. Place them far enough away from the pool so bird droppings don’t get on your guests, but close enough to allow guests to view the show. Bonus, birds eat annoying insects.